Tuesday 17 June 2014

Nail Inspiration #2 | Harry Potter

On Sunday I went to the Warner Bros Studio Tour of the Making of Harry Potter, and it was AMAZING! Eventhough we went on Father's Day, it wasn't actually mainly for my Dad, it was for ME as a birthday present from my brother!

So, as I am a Harry Potter Nerd I thought that I would paint my nails in the theme of Harry Potter to get it out there that I am a superfan!
First I prepared my nails with my AVON Nail Experts Peeling and Brittleness Solver polish.
I do this to protect my nails to avoid them from being stained and to also seal or smoothen over gaps.

Then I set up the tape on each finger in a + shape so that there is 4 quarters to do the colours in.
I always leave a bit extra so that it makes it easier to pull the tape off.

Then I got my first 2 colours to do a Gryffindor design.
So, I used both Barry M nail polishes in Bright Red and Yellow. When doing it I went over the edges a bit to ensure that there weren't any gaps. 

Next up, the Slytherin design.
I used Barry M nail polishes in Spring Green and Foil Effects in Silver. 

Next in line, the Hufflepuff design.
I used Barry M nail polish in Yellow and Sinful Colors nail polish in Black on Black.

Finally, the Ravenclaw design.
I used Barry M nail polishes in Cobalt Blue and Foil Effects in Gold.

Then for one of my thumbs, I did Harry's scar.
I also did this by using the tape. I used Sinful Colors nail polishes in Black on Blank and Snow Me White.

For my other thumb, I did the Horcrux symbol.
I also used striping tape and the same Sinful Colors nail polishes for this design.

The final design...

I hope you liked this nail inspiration! If you would like to see my first one then click here.

If you would like me to do a post on my visit then put it in the comments below!xo

Thanks xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment